KiwiSecurity respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal data you provide us with. This policy outlines our personal information handling practices for both online and offline data. If you provide us with personal information, we will treat it according to this policy.
Collection of your personal information
We will always inform you before we collect any personal information and disclose the reason and purpose. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your personal information are for instance:
• registration for an account
• use of certain features of our products or services
• request of service and support for our products or services
• placement of a transaction or order
• registration for training
• participation in online surveys
• participation in sweepstakes or other promotion
• participation in discussion groups or fora
• collaboration efforts
• registration for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
Uses of your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the purpose named when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the purposes we may use your personal information for include:
• Processing your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
• Keeping you up to date concerning the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies about products and services that can add value to your KiwiSecurity products.
• Providing support and assistance for our products and services.
• Enabling of creating a personal profile and access to protected content.
• Enabling of contacting you, and providing you with shipping and billing information.
• Enabling of customer feedback and support.
• Realization of contests, sweepstakes and other marketing or promotional activities on the www.kiwi-security.com or affiliate websites.
• Conducting of questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. The completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
• Learning more about you, so that we can personalize newsletters and websites according to your preferences, for instance the opportunity to obtain specific information about products and services.
• Meeting of contract obligations.
Access to and Update of Your Information
We need your help in in order to keep the personal information you have shared with us up to date. Please notify us about any changes concerning your personal information.
Access to the Internet Presence kiwisecurity.com
For each access tot he Internet presence of KiwiSecurity Software GmbH and for each access to a file, certain data is being protocoled. In detail, the following information is being recorded:
• Browser used
• Name of the file accessed
• Date and time of the access
• Amount of transferred data
• Notice if the access to the website was successful (HTTP Status Code)
A personal reference cannot be deducted from this data and the information is being saved for up to 7 months. A statistic evaluation of the information is conducted bythe application Webalizer Version 2.21. Neither during the saving, nor during the evaluation the data is handed over to third parties.
KiwiSecurity Software GmbH is not responsible for the contents or the level of privacy protection of external providers.
Session ID-Number/ Cookies
For the access to the Internet presence of KiwiSecurity Software GmbH an identification number (session ID number) is generated for the user. With this session ID the user can utilize functionalities of the website without having to log in anew. The distinct session ID, which is being generated on the basis of the Globally Unique Identifier-process (GUID-process) and which cannot be “guessed”, protects the user from the threat of third parties using the portal on the user’s account.
The session ID is saved in the browser cache with the help of so-called session cookies and is deleted after ending the current session. For the website kiwisecurity.com the cookies icl_current_language, which saves the language chosen, as well as the devicePixelRatio are being used. The previously mentioned cookies are exclusively valid for the time period of the current session. These cookies do not collect information about the user or data from the user’s PC.
To improve the website performance we are using the service of the content delivery network of Cloudflare Inc.. In cases where our website is being delivered by the CDN network, Cloudflare will set a cookie (Name: _cfduid). The purpose of the cookie ist to enable faster and more secure worldwide access to our website content. The cookie will be saved for one year.
Users who do not agree with the saving of these cookies can deactivate this function in the preferences of the browser. The use of the website is still possible.
Imparting of your Personal Data
We use your personal data in the case of product order solely within KiwiSecurity Software GmbH. We do not disclose your data to third parties without your consent, except in the case that we are legally obligated to transfer your data to entitled institutions.
Protection of your Personal Information
Kiwi Security grants the protection of the data we obtain from you with customary standardized electronic and operative means. If it seems appropriate, our websites use a SSL coding, in order to improve the security of the transfer of confidential data.
While we are concerned with the protection of your personal data, we cannot protect the information you disclose to us via insecure internet connections. Thus, we advise you to make all possible arrangements in order to protect your personal data, when you are on line.
Ways to protect your data are for instance: frequent changing of your password, using a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords and using a secure browser. Furthermore, beware of phishing attacks, which are conducted in order to steal a customer’s personal data and financial information.
KiwiSecurity will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
If you participate in a KiwiSecurity discussion forum or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially both inside and outside KiwiSecurity. The statements made in fora or chat rooms do not reflect the opinion of KiwiSecurity.
Children and Privacy Protection
Our websites do not aim at children and are not meant to address children under the age of 13. KiwiSecurity does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or send requests concerning personal data.
Questions or comments?
KiwiSecurity may amend this privacy statement any time. We will post a notice on the website for 30 days whenever this privacy statement is considerably changed. Your continued use of the KiwiSecurity website after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.
Last update: September 20, 2017